– First and foremost, because everyone who needs an attorney deserves to be treated with the same respect that the attorney expects to be treated with. Do unto others…
– Because all attorneys can promise results, and some can deliver results, but fewer can deliver results with the type of attention and care that a client should be able to expect.
– Because it’s not enough to provide a great product; attorneys should provide a great product in an exceptional manner.
– Because while spending the same amount of time with a client who has a “small” case as the client with a “big” case is not “a good business model” in some people’s opinion, it’s the way a person deserves to be treated and the way I believe legal services should be delivered.
– Because, much like most attorneys who start their own practices, I want to do things my way, and I think my way is a better fit for my clients and many of those in search of legal help. That said, unlike some others, I’m willing to concede up front that my way might not be what some are looking for. If someone’s looking for an attorney who barks and postures in his commercials, only poses with his arms crossed while looking grim, and guarantees results that no one can deliver, then I’ll be the first to admit I’m not a good fit for that person; I’ll let my record, reputation and results do the talking.
– Because I think great results can be achieved in a civil manner. I believe I can get the result my client and I want by treating everyone respectfully. Litigators should be able to touch gloves and then “…get it on” (as boxing ref and judge Mills Lane used to say before matches) without getting into a melee at the legal equivalent of the pre-fight weight in.
– Because experience should count for more than ego. With over 130 jury trials and hundreds of district court cases under my belt, I know enough to know I don’t know it all; but I’m always willing to overprepare a case in order to put my client in the best position possible to succeed.
– Because a person doing important work shouldn’t buy into the premise that they are important.
If you’re looking for an attorney, or you’re an attorney looking for someone to handle your referral, I’d appreciate the opportunity to prove that these are not just words on a page but some of the guiding principles that led me to found Bmore Attorney.